Milia only look like blackheads at the first look. The stubborn skin nodules are cysts that should be specifically removed - but only if they bother you. Milia can occur at any age. Milia does not hurt and, strictly speaking, it is not a disease. However, if the nodules appear on the face and especially on the eyelid or appear in large numbers, they disturb sufferers considerably. Then they affect the attractiveness and are a big cosmetic problem.
How to recognize Milia:
- whitish-yellowish nodules under the skin
- Diameter about one to two millimeters
- hard consistency
- occur individually or in groups
BeautyJoy beauticians remove milia using a special procedure. For this, the nodule is opened with a tiny cut. This is done with a sharp cannula or a small scalpel (lancet). The practitioner then pushes out the keratin granule. The tiny wound usually heals without forming a scar.
- Do not use greasy care products. Better are gel-based cosmetics.
- Wash your face thoroughly with warm water. Even better: warm facial fluids.
- This opens pores and softens up milia.
- Then massage your face in small circles with a very soft skin brush. This cleans pore-deep and ruptures the envelopes of the Milia, if they are not too hard and encapsulated.
Through regular professional visits of your beautician at BeautyJoy in Markkleeberg, milia that are just arising are usually removed easily.